Texas Trust Credit Union is on a mission to build brighter financial futures. And since a bright future starts with education, we’ve developed scholarship programs for both Mansfield ISD and Arlington ISD.
Texas Trust offers two scholarships with a degree plan that is based on engineering or the arts for Mansfield ISD students. Please get with your school counselor for more information to apply for the Rita Hamner Fine Arts scholarship or the Bill Hallmark Engineering scholarship. Scholarship recipients are notified in early April.
Arlington ISD student applications can be filled out online. Scholarship recipients are notified in early March.
Texas Trust Credit Union Lamanda Higginbotham Education Scholarship
Criteria: Major in Education and maintain a 3.0 GPA or better each semester through the four year period.
Texas Trust Credit Union Lou Nabors Education Scholarship
Criteria: Major in Engineering and maintain a 3.0 GPA or better each semester through the four year period.
- Type of Scholarship: 4-Year Scholarship
- Scholarship Amount: $1,000 each year
- Sponsor: Texas Trust Credit Union
- General Procedures:
- Each applicant must be a graduating senior from an Arlington ISD high school within the year of the awarded scholarship and each must be registered for college within one year of graduation from high school. .
- Applicants may not be in receipt of any “full” scholarship funds in order to qualify (i.e., athletics, military academy, academic, etc.)
- Each recipient must be registered at a College or University and must provide the name of the post-secondary organization in order to receive the scholarship proceeds.
- The first scholarship check will be mailed by Texas Trust Credit Union to the appropriate college in the student’s name by July 14th.
- The scholarship funds are to be used for tuition, books, fees, etc.
- Applicants must be able to complete all parts of the application packet:
- Application typed and signed by applicant
- Academic Recommendation Letter (1)
- Personal Recommendation Letter (1)
- Essay – Two typed pages, 400 – 500 words
- Special Instructions: At the end of each semester, you will need to mail or email a copy of your semester transcript for scholarship criteria verification.
P.O. Box 2260 Mansfield, Texas 76063
Attention: AVP Business and Community Engagement.
- Each July, from year two through year four you will need to contact Texas Trust Credit Union at 972-263-5171 and ask for the head of the Business and Community Engagement Department. Business and Community Engagement will confirm receipt of transcript and a check will be sent in your name to your mailing address on file.
It is important to contact Texas Trust with any contact information changes like email address, phone number or mailing address.APPLICATION DEADLINE FOR ENTIRE PACKET: April 15, 2020